Growth Marketing Director
Marketing & Communications, Sales & Business Development
Posted on Tuesday, May 16, 2023
In an environment of increasing regulatory scrutiny, Toku offers solutions to employ and compliantly compensate global teams in both fiat and tokens in over 100 teams globally. Toku’s growing list of customers includes Aragon, Astar, Filecoin Foundation, Gitcoin, Gnosis, Hedera Hashgraph, Protocol Labs, Teller, Safe, Storyverse, and others.
Toku’s comprehensive suite of services includes: Token-based payroll, token-based grant administration, employment and tax compliance – services tailored to the needs of every crypto-native organization.
There are clear laws and regulations around how people get employed and compensated that have been around for hundreds of years. These laws aren’t going away, and organizations need to follow them for the industry to grow. Our vision is to make it simple for organizations, from traditional companies to DAOs, to compensate their employees and contractors with tokens globally.
Toku recently raised $20 million from a consortium led by Blockchain Capital with Protocol Labs, GMJP, OrangeDAO, Orrick, Reverie, Quantstamp, Next Web Capital and prominent angel investors including Protocol Labs founder Juan Benet and Alchemy co-founders Nikil Viswanathan and Joe Lau. Read more about Toku in Fortune, Yahoo Finance, and CoinDesk.
To learn more check our website.
About the Role
Toku is looking for a Growth Marketing Director, reporting to the CEO.
As the first Growth Marketer at Toku, you will be the motor to the sales team’s engine. You’ll be tasked with the opportunity to build Toku’s product marketing material and roadmap from scratch. In addition, you’ll be responsible for crafting the messaging to help enterprise prospects understand how Toku can supercharge their business.
Through targeted marketing campaigns and quantitative and value-based sales collateral, you’ll play a pivotal role in both expanding Toku’s brand awareness and driving performance-led lead generation. The content you create will be tailored to our prospects use cases and pain points. You will understand and anticipate how to answer our prospects needs and questions better than anyone. You'll work hand-in-hand with our Marketing, Sales, Product, Customer Success, and Operations teams to develop and execute enterprise marketing initiatives.
The ideal candidate will bring experience in performance marketing, creating enterprise-facing collateral, and building customer pipelines that effectively drive deals. As Toku’s Growth Marketing Director, you’ll be an expert in SEO, PPC, Paid Acquisition, and Marketing Operations to help optimize and accelerate an established marketing funnel. Almost more importantly, you will have interest and curiosity in building at an early-stage startup with PMF!
- Create robust customer-facing content that helps prospects understand Toku’s products and the value they could provide their business
- Work with cross-functional teams to distill and quantify Toku’s competitive advantage, and cascade those data points across sales collateral
- Manage and execute campaign workflows, including segmentation and target management
- Utilize segmentations to execute email marketing campaigns, targeted at specific use cases and pain points
- Craft, deploy and A/B test messaging to optimize conversions
- Identify enterprise market requirements/opportunities, develop Go-to-Market Strategies, and ensure strong alignment with Sales and other cross-functional teams
- Engage & maintain direct alignment with Sales and cross-functional teams around all enterprise marketing-driven campaigns/promotion strategies
- Test out new forums and formats for engaging the target audience, e.g., webinars, conferences, etc.
- Manage and evaluate all campaigns’ impact & ROI to determine the success and forecast for potential future investment
What We're Looking For
- 7+ years relevant experience in Product and Enterprise Marketing
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills
- Someone who is uniquely able to explain technical tax and compliance concepts to audiences with varying degrees of understanding
- In-depth knowledge of advertising platforms, such as Facebook Ads, Google Ads, LinkedIn, Twitter, and more.
- Demonstrated excellence in creating targeted, quantitative, and value-based sales collateral
- Experience in the SaaS industry and a startup environment is strongly preferred.
- Self-starter attitude and the ability to execute new ideas with autonomy
- Ability to find the right balance between perfection and shipping quickly
- A strategic thinker who can roll up their sleeves and independently execute on their strategy
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally, move fast, and tirelessly iterate on feedback
- Someone who is excited to test, experiment, fail, and learn
Toku is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to being a diverse team that reflects a broad range of background, thought, and experience. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, status as protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristics. Women, minorities, LGBTQ+, and people from underrepresented backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
See more open positions at Toku
Something looks off?