Performance Marketing Director
Marketing & Communications
Posted on Wednesday, October 11, 2023
Crypto has had tremendous growth over the last several years. That growth comes with inevitable regulation. Regulation, in our view, is a good thing because once the industry passes through this phase, then crypto can access the rest of the world.
We believe it’s going to be the companies that enable this transition from the pre-regulation to post-regulation industry and the companies that can properly navigate it, or better yet, be the ones that facilitate it - those are the most relevant companies in this next wave. Toku will be one of those companies.
Toku’s products enable crypto-native companies to compliantly compensate their teams in both fiat and tokens in over 100 teams globally. Toku’s growing list of customers includes Aragon, Astar, dYdX, Filecoin Foundation, Gitcoin, Gnosis, Hedera Hashgraph, Mina, Protocol Labs, Teller, Safe, Storyverse, and others.
Paying people with tokens is such an obvious first real-world use case of any token. It doesn’t matter what the token does. All tokens can be used to compensate workers. And in fact, are! Toku ensures that all the worker compensation that all those tokens need to do can be done legally, and proper taxes paid is a critical part of the transition to a post-regulation crypto industry.
Toku raised $20 million from a consortium led by Blockchain Capital with Protocol Labs, GMJP, OrangeDAO, Orrick, Reverie, Quantstamp, Next Web Capital, and prominent angel investors including Protocol Labs founder Juan Benet and Alchemy co-founders Nikil Viswanathan and Joe Lau. Read more about Toku in Fortune, Yahoo Finance, and CoinDesk.
To learn more, check our website.
About the Role
Toku is looking for a Performance Marketing Director, to report to the CEO.
As a Performance Marketer at Toku, you’ll work closely with the founders on the strategy and execution for performance marketing and go-to-market. You will get daily access to the founders to ship and iterate quickly. A hustler mentality, founding a company, or building side projects is a plus!
- Execute performance marketing strategy alongside the founders, bridging short-term execution and long-term vision
- Buying ads, targeting-retargeting profiles, and iterating quickly.
- Expand market awareness and adoption of existing products
- Manage and execute campaign workflows, including segmentation and target management
- Write content, optimize SEO for the website/other channels
- Identify and develop new growth channels, and develop go-to-market strategies
- Help develop the story and strategy for our brand and online presence
- Own and drive all aspects of external media, including press releases, product landing pages, social media, and co-marketing with our partners
- Be comfortable wearing multiple hats as the sole marketing person at the company
- 4+ years of relevant experience in performance marketing
- Powerful storyteller: written, verbal, and visual
- Experience successfully developing, executing, and managing a performance marketing strategy with little oversight
- In-depth knowledge of advertising platforms, such as Facebook Ads, Google Ads, LinkedIn, Twitter, and more.
- Experience planning and rolling out large-scale marketing campaigns and the ability to identify and drive improvements using a data-driven approach
- Experience in market research, messaging, positioning, and branding
- Experience in the SaaS industry and a startup environment is strongly preferred.
- Self-starter attitude and the ability to execute new ideas with autonomy
- Ability to find the right balance between perfection and shipping quickly
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally, move fast, and tirelessly iterate on feedback
- Someone who is excited to test, experiment, fail, and learn
- A hustler mentality, founding a company or building side projects is a plus!
- North America Time Zone
Benefits and Compensation
- Remote-first work culture
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive salary
- Competitive equity
- Apple laptop
Toku is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to being a diverse team that reflects a broad range of background, thought, and experience. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, status as protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristics. Women, minorities, LGBTQ+, and people from underrepresented backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please use Rezi.ai to create a good resume before applying.