Senior Human Resources Business Partner
People & HR
Posted on Saturday, November 11, 2023
Crypto has had tremendous growth over the last several years. That growth comes with inevitable regulation. Regulation, in our view, is a good thing because once the industry passes through this phase, then crypto can access the rest of the world.
We believe it’s going to be the companies that enable this transition from the pre-regulation to post-regulation industry and the companies that can properly navigate it, or better yet, be the ones that facilitate it - those are the most relevant companies in this next wave. Toku will be one of those companies.
Toku’s products enable crypto-native companies to compliantly compensate their teams in both fiat and tokens in over 100 teams globally. Toku’s growing list of customers includes Aragon, Astar, dYdX, Filecoin Foundation, Gitcoin, Gnosis, Hedera Hashgraph, Mina, Protocol Labs, Teller, Safe, Storyverse, and others.
Paying people with tokens is such an obvious first real-world use case of any token. It doesn’t matter what the token does. All tokens can be used to compensate workers. And in fact, are! Toku ensures that all the worker compensation that all those tokens need to do can be done legally, and proper taxes paid is a critical part of the transition to a post-regulation crypto industry.
Toku raised $20 million from a consortium led by Blockchain Capital with Protocol Labs, GMJP, OrangeDAO, Orrick, Reverie, Quantstamp, Next Web Capital, and prominent angel investors including Protocol Labs founder Juan Benet and Alchemy co-founders Nikil Viswanathan and Joe Lau. Read more about Toku in Fortune, Yahoo Finance, and CoinDesk.
To learn more, check our website.
About the role
Toku is searching for a Senior HR Business Partner to support HR operational workflows and provide HR partnership expertise to client businesses. As the Senior HRBP you're pivotal to the operational success of the HR team while taking point to manage client relationships, people programs, and complex regulatory matters. Your day-to-day responsibilities will include end-to-end on/off-boarding, payroll, and general HR & operational work.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a foundational team member with a rapidly scaling, global startup. To be successful in this role, you will be a leader and global listener. You are focused on building relationships to create influence through high-impact communication and a principles-first approach to HR.
- Manage the full breadth of sensitive & complex HR matters through the employee life-cycle, including on-boarding, performance management, leave & accommodation administration, investigations, and off-boarding.
- Partner with Toku Benefits team to drive the US benefits brokerage, implementation, and annual open enrollment processes.
- Process semi-monthly US payroll, benefits, and 401k contributions.
- Help build Toku's PEO HR knowledge center by documenting jurisdictional employment regulation.
- Assist with ad hoc special projects as needed.
- 6+ years of experience as an HR Manager, Generalist or Business Partner.
- Deep HR expertise encompassing operations, benefits, payroll, employee relations, and employment law.
- Exceptional leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently to manage multiple projects and workflows.
- Startup experience and cross-functional team experience.
- A hustler mentality, founding a company or building side projects is a plus!
- North America Time Zone
Benefits and Compensation
- Remote-first work culture
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive salary
- Competitive equity
- Apple laptop
Toku is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to being a diverse team that reflects a broad range of background, thought, and experience. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, status as protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristics. Women, minorities, LGBTQ+, and people from underrepresented backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please use Rezi.ai to create a good resume before applying.