Director of Finance & Payroll
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Tuesday, November 14, 2023
Crypto has had tremendous growth over the last several years. That growth comes with inevitable regulation. Regulation, in our view, is a good thing because once the industry passes through this phase, then crypto can access the rest of the world.
We believe it’s going to be the companies that enable this transition from the pre-regulation to post-regulation industry and the companies that can properly navigate it, or better yet, be the ones that facilitate it - those are the most relevant companies in this next wave. Toku will be one of those companies.
Toku’s products enable crypto-native companies to compliantly compensate their teams in both fiat and tokens in over 100 teams globally. Toku’s growing list of customers includes Aragon, Astar, dYdX, Filecoin Foundation, Gitcoin, Gnosis, Hedera Hashgraph, Mina, Protocol Labs, Teller, Safe, Storyverse, and others.
Paying people with tokens is such an obvious first real-world use case of any token. It doesn’t matter what the token does. All tokens can be used to compensate workers. And in fact, are! Toku ensures that all the worker compensation that all those tokens need to do can be done legally, and proper taxes paid is a critical part of the transition to a post-regulation crypto industry.
Toku raised $20 million from a consortium led by Blockchain Capital with Protocol Labs, GMJP, OrangeDAO, Orrick, Reverie, Quantstamp, Next Web Capital, and prominent angel investors including Protocol Labs founder Juan Benet and Alchemy co-founders Nikil Viswanathan and Joe Lau. Read more about Toku in Fortune, Yahoo Finance, and CoinDesk.
To learn more, check our website.
About the role
Toku is looking for an experienced Payroll & Finance leader to support the growth and development of our complex global financial infrastructure. Reporting directly to the Head of Finance, this role offers a unique opportunity to oversee and optimize our financial infrastructure, including global accounting and payroll functions.
The Director of Finance & Payroll will be accountable for scaling the finance, accounting, payroll & operations functions to support the growth of the business.
Join Toku's dynamic team as the Director of Finance & Payroll and contribute to our global success. This role offers a unique blend of financial leadership and payroll management, making it an exciting opportunity for a seasoned professional ready to make a significant impact.
- Payroll Management
- Manage payroll operations across EMEA and APAC regions, overseeing payrolls in upwards of 10 countries.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to collect and organize payroll data to meet payroll calendar requirements.
- Take ownership of data submission and address queries with third-party payroll providers in multiple countries.
- Review and reconcile payroll data within agreed-upon timeframes to ensure accurate and compliant payments to employees and third parties.
- Maintain up-to-date records, processes, and procedures, ensuring compliance with payroll regulations.
- Monitor payroll provider performance and ensure the implementation of new country payrolls aligns with business standards.
- Troubleshoot and resolve payroll-related issues from start to finish.
- Handle statutory filing requirements and stay current on payroll compliance for countries under your purview.
- Serve as the first line of contact for internal employees, external contributors, partners, and vendors regarding payroll inquiries.
- Finance & Accounting Leadership
- Lead the existing Finance and Payroll teams, fostering team development and implementing new processes and systems to support business growth.
- Drive the preparation of financial statements, including income statements, balance sheets, tax returns, annual budgets, and governmental agency reports.
- Act as a key financial subject matter expert for FP&A, Accounting, and Operations functions.
- Define and implement key performance indicators (KPIs) and strategic objectives for the finance team and the entire organization, measuring and reporting results to the executive team.
- Develop dashboards to track key performance metrics, providing insights into revenue and expense drivers, risks, and opportunities.
- Collaborate with the Head of Finance and other executives to coordinate financial planning and fundraising efforts.
- Identify and lead cross-functional initiatives to enhance processes, systems, and automation to facilitate business scalability.
- MBA, BS, MS, PhD, JD, or equivalent degrees.
- 8+ years of financial management experience, including payroll operations and leadership skills.
- Experience in late-stage global startups or public companies.
- Deep understanding of payroll regulations, accounting principles, and SEC/IRS regulations.
- Strong attention to detail, analytical problem-solving skills, and organizational abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and a track record of identifying growth opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively in a remote and agile environment.
- A hustler mentality with a history of founding companies or side projects.
Nice to Have
Benefits and Compensation
- Remote-first work culture
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive salary
- Competitive equity
- Apple laptop
Toku is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to being a diverse team that reflects a broad range of background, thought, and experience. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, status as protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristics. Women, minorities, LGBTQ+, and people from underrepresented backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please use Rezi.ai to create a good resume before applying.