VP of Finance (Remote - Work from Anywhere)
Work from anywhere, impact everywhere
We’re a fully distributed team of over 150 talented people that work remotely from 40+ countries around the world. We work hard, think globally, and inspire each other to learn and grow.
We are committed to changing the way things are done. To achieve that, we search the world for the best people for the job. This is how we are transforming the world of digital banking.
Our team is worldwide, our capacity for innovation, limitless.
Risk is inherent in all of our business activities and managing risk well is the responsibility of every Xapien.
Sound risk management enables us to serve our customers and deliver value for our shareholders, and helps make Xapo a great place to work.
Although we are headquartered in Gibraltar, this is a full time, 100% remote position
Work from anywhere!
We’re looking for a VP of Finance to join our executive team and report directly to the CFO. As the VP of Finance, you will be responsible for leading the finance function within Xapo, including planning and implementing financial strategies, ensuring compliance with all regulatory requirements, and providing strategic and tactical financial guidance to the executive leadership team.
- Lead the finance function of Xapo, including overseeing accounting, control, reporting, planning, forecasting, internal audit, and budgeting activities.
- Develop and execute financial strategies in alignment with the corporate strategy, enabling profitable long-term growth of the business.
- Collaborate with the executive team to identify and manage financial risks, and ensure the protection of company assets.
- Ensure clear, timely and accurate financial metrics and information is communicated to the CEO, Executive and Senior Management Teams, and the Board.
- Develop financial targets and budgets, and conduct capital investment and budgeting processes to support the execution of the strategy.
- Identify and analyze opportunities for organic and acquisitive growth, and manage the company's growth in these areas.
- Develop financial performance indicators that support the company's strategic direction and growth.
- Prepare high-quality financial reports within agreed deadlines, giving assurance to the Board that the company is executing the agreed financial and corporate strategy.
- Ensure compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements related to finance.
- Manage relationships with partners and lenders, and arrange appropriate and timely debt financing.
- Manage the company's treasury management policies and procedures, and closely monitor and manage cash flow and cash balances.
- Evaluate and manage third-party vendors or partners, as appropriate.
- Lead, inspire, and motivate the finance and payroll teams, ensuring high performance against agreed objectives.
- Actively monitor the financial performance of the business, and provide proactive recommendations on how best to improve financial, managerial and operational performance.
Qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or related field; MBA or other advanced degree preferred.
- At least 7 years of experience in a senior finance role, with significant experience leading the finance function of a company.
- Strong knowledge of financial management, accounting, budgeting, forecasting, and other related areas.
- Experience with financial modeling, analysis, and valuation.
- Proven ability to develop and execute financial strategies in alignment with corporate strategy.
- Experience managing relationships with partners and lenders, and arranging debt financing.
- Excellent leadership and management skills, with a track record of leading high-performance teams.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, and distributed environment.
- Passion for the fintech industry and Xapo's mission to protect and grow its clients’ life savings.
Why work for Xapo?
IMPACT GLOBALLY, WORK REMOTELY.
- Shape the Future: Improve lives through cutting-edge technology, work 100% remotely from anywhere in the world.
- Great work-life balance: Build amazing things with a balance of autonomy and collaborative teamwork. Set your own work schedule and make use of a flexible PTO plan when you need to recharge.
- Expect Excellence: Collaborate, learn, and grow with a high-performance team. Learn how you learn best - from books to conferences, you’ll get a yearly budget for your individual learning and development goals.