Senior Software Engineer (Remote - Work from Anywhere)
Work from anywhere, impact everywhere
We’re a fully distributed team of over 130 talented people that work remotely from 40+ countries around the world. We work hard, think globally, and inspire each other to learn and grow.
We are committed to changing the way things are done. To achieve that, we search the world for the best people for the job. This is how we are transforming the world of digital banking.
Our team is worldwide, our capacity for innovation, limitless.
Risk is inherent in all of our business activities and managing risk well is the responsibility of every Xapien.
Sound risk management enables us to serve our customers and deliver value for our shareholders, and helps make Xapo a great place to work.
Although we are headquartered in Gibraltar, this is a full time, 100% remote position
Work from anywhere!
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our engineering function. At Xapo, we are building truly cross-functional teams with full ownership of design, architecture, building, testing, delivery, data, and operations.
You will collaborate closely with fellow team members from the product, apps, design, and QA communities of practice. You will be part of the product team (we call them SATs, the Stream Aligned Teams, as in the Team Topologies) in charge of the Activation, Billing, and Account aspects of Xapo products.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will develop a high-impact service, provide guidance and coaching around technical good practices, and play an active, critical role in the Development Community of practice. You will shape architectural and technical patterns used in the company to solve the problems for operational teams, improve UX, and cause a WOW effect in the eyes of our Members. With that in mind, you will have an immense impact on how the future of finance looks like.
Our main tech stack includes:
- AWS for all of our Infrastructure
- Python (Django, Flask)
We use also:
- Support, coach, and develop team members into top-performing engineers.
- Working closely in cross-functional teams where everyone is responsible for the outcome.
- Build a great place to work for talented and motivated people
- Designing, developing, and deploying backend services focusing on high availability, fault tolerance, low latency, and security.
- Take full end-to-end responsibility for the services your team owns, from development to production, operations, and data.
- Develop innovative solutions with Bitcoin at its core.
- Significant software engineering experience in one or more general-purpose programming languages (we use Python)
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills, comfortable preparing high-quality documentation and designs to aid understanding and knowledge sharing.
- Understanding the microservices architecture, container-based 12-factor apps, and cloud-native patterns around fault tolerance.
- Track record of using Event Storming and Domain Driven Design, delivering highly scalable asynchronous software.
- Experience building contract-first services and adopting patterns and frameworks to enable appropriate automated testing at the unit, contract, service, and end-to-end levels.
- Experience building services that can be deployed on demand, quickly, and with quality.
- Excellent understanding of CI/CD patterns and good practice.
- Understand the role of high-quality observability in building highly scalable and performant software.
- A dedicated workspace.
- A reliable internet connection with the fastest speed possible in your area.
- Devices and other essential equipment that meet minimal technical specifications.
- Alignment with Our Values and the Xapo Values-Driven Leadership principles.
Why work for Xapo?
IMPACT GLOBALLY, WORK REMOTELY.
- Shape the Future: Improve lives through cutting-edge technology, work 100% remotely from anywhere in the world.
- Great work-life balance: Build amazing things with a balance of autonomy and collaborative teamwork. Set your own work schedule and make use of a flexible PTO plan when you need to recharge.
- Expect Excellence: Collaborate, learn, and grow with a high-performance team. Learn how you learn best - from books to conferences, you’ll get a yearly budget for your individual learning and development goals.