Senior FP&A Analyst
Bolt is searching for a Senior Financial Analyst to join our Financial Planning & Analysis (“FP&A”) team. We are seeking an analytical problem-solver, who is capable of both highly-detailed financial analysis and distilling complex problems into actionable insights with an emphasis on action. This role will be directly responsible for owning and delivering department-level financial insights focused on expense management and budgeting, helping to prepare and present Bolt’s month-end financial close process, and implementing and monitoring key aspects of the planning cycle and spend processes.
Reporting to the Manager of Finance, this role will work closely with the Senior Director of Finance and have significant cross-functional exposure. The ideal candidate is a strong individual contributor, detail-oriented, data driven, and a highly adept written and verbal communicator. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a robust Finance organization that is dedicated to helping Bolt scale quickly and efficiently.
- Department Level Budgeting: Partner with department leaders to build forecasts, understand priorities, construct financial budgets, track functional spend, and develop KPIs
- Cross-Functional Finance Partner: Serve as the FP&A Business Partner and point-of-contact with each of Bolt’s department leads and assist functional leaders with analysis on spend, strategic planning activities, and enhancing operational efficiency
- Headcount Management: Partner with the People team to manage headcount reporting, including updating models to align with the latest details of any additions/attrition and compensation changes/promotions. Responsible for New Hire approvals and adherence to budget.
- Contracts Tracking: Manage and track contracts to assist with OpEx planning for significant general ledger items and managing cash outlay vs. accrual-based reporting; support vendor negotiation where needed
- Monthly Close Process: Develop content for monthly financial close process, including budget vs. actuals performance by department, and deliver insights on key in-period spend and projected future activity
- Forecasting: Support the development of and maintain Bolt’s annual, multi-year, and rolling financial expense and cash flow forecasts. Actively seek and incorporate feedback from multiple stakeholders into financial planning within Anaplan and act as an agent of execution, driving teams to operationalize against plans
- Financial Reporting: Help support the on-going development of and work to enhance all aspects of the Company’s financial reporting efforts including budget and flash reports, variance analyses, vendor consolidation exercises, and KPI analyses to track performance against the plan and identify trends
- Partner Revenue Share Analysis: Calculate and analyze revenue share to and from Bolt related to our strategic partners, distributors, etc.
- Margin Analysis & Customer Profitability: Calculate and monitor margin by customer, product, channel, etc. and deliver key insights, trends analysis, and cohort level metrics
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field
- 4+ years of relevant work experience, preferably in a FP&A or Corporate Planning role
- Advanced G Suite / Microsoft Office skills: Sheets / Excel and Slides / Powerpoint
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and influence cross-functional teams
- Strong Anaplan Modeling experience desired
- Strong financial modeling and quantitative analysis skills
- Bonus Experience: Anaplan, NetSuite, Looker/Tableau, Metabase, IronClad, and Salesforce
- Prior experience in a high-growth technology company or startup environment
- Familiarity with the payments and ecommerce industries
- Experience with Looker/Tableau, IronClad, Airbase, Anaplan, NetSuite, and Salesforce
Base Salary compensation: For this role our base salary range is targeted between $119k - 147k per year. Final offer amount is determined by a number of factors including but not limited to experience and position level. At Bolt, we take a geographically neutral approach to compensation, meaning that we pay based on job function and level, not location.
- Comprehensive health coverage: Medical, dental and vision
- Remote-first workplace
- 4 day work weeks
- Time away: Flexible PTO, paid holidays + floating holidays, your birthday off!
- Paid parental leave
- Competitive Pay
- Retirement plans
- Virtual and in-person team & company events
In addition to our core values, Bolt is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity and expression, genetic information, pregnancy and related conditions, veteran status or any other reason prohibited by law. On our mission to democratize commerce, the Bolt platform levels the playing field for everyone. As a company, we are committed to designing products, building a culture, and supporting a team that reflects the diverse population we serve (that is, everyone).